Thursday, February 19, 2009

Distraction

Process

Writing a paper on Scandinavian film is a complex process. Here's a step by step guide to help guide you through.

1. Write a paragraph.
2. Make a snack.
3. Go downstairs, watch the girls play Super Nintendo.
4. Come back upstairs.
5. Get a glass of water.
6. Check facebook.
7. Check blog. If bored enough, write a blog.
8. Start over.

As you can imagine, it's slow going....

Circuits of Fever


-5 today, Celsius. Snow falling. Footprints on a frozen lake. Ice fishers sit on icy stools and wait for bites. Children skate the ice behind our building in the mornings: slipping, gliding, not even 3 feet tall.

Spanish dinner tonight. Paella and Spanish omelets. Spaniards love to cook, and we have 4 on the floor. Lucky me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man !!! Paella !!! you're so lucky !! So many months since the last time I eat it!

    Omelet or "Tortilla" also I guess you should love it ! =) let me know.

    I think i'm in the same way as you, having to read 400 pages for monday and still in that way checking everything instead of reading my book.

    Dani

    ReplyDelete