Saturday, August 29, 2009

This Is Not Like Home

It's 2:30 am, and I am still awake. And all I want right now is to be back in Sweden with my friends.

Blame it on the nostalgic music I have on (Great Lake Swimmers), blame it on the time of night. But I find myself longing for the snowy streets of a dark and dismal Växjö winter day. The stores, the people, the weather. Knowing that I'll soon be back in Vallgatan with my friends deciding what to eat for dinner and what film to watch afterwords. Dreading the bike ride through the snow and mush to class in the morning. Anticipating the taste of ice cream with nutella.

I miss the girls. I miss the guys. Too many to name, and yet I truly miss them all.

This is the first string of homesickness I've ever felt, and it was only my home for a few months.

I miss it so much it hurts. I miss you so much it hurts.

I hope this passes soon.

1 comment:

  1. My Friend.... I hope you have had some rest :)
    After that I have to say....... save money and come to New Years!!! :D And you'll no miss no one anymore :P

    We miss ya too, I guess you are our drummer and maybe our poet so how to forget you?

    Do you remember Berlin? I think we begun to be friends (good ones) there :)

    Tengo Hambre !! Quiero comer!!! (and also some hung over xD) So.... i'll go to have lunch and watch F1 in Spa, the best race of the season probably :)

    Change this "Wake me up when september ends" for something like Hitchin'a'Ride :D


    KRAMAR !! :D
    Dani

    ReplyDelete